Welcome to Starstruck. Please read and sign the code of conduct, talent release, and participation contract below.
Orpheus Theatre, Inc.
In consideration of my performing certain services for Orpheus Theatre, upon the terms herewith stated, I hereby give Orpheus Theatre, its legal representatives and assigns, and those acting with its authority and permission:
a. The unrestricted right and permission to copy and use, reuse, publish, and republish portraits, pictures, photographs, motion pictures, video recordings, audio recordings, and the like of me or in which I may be included intact or in part, composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction thereof, made through any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, art, promotion, advertising, trade, or any other purpose whatsoever.
b. I also permit the use of any printed material in connection herewith.
c. I hereby relinquish any right that I may have to examine or approve the completed product or products, or the advertising copy or printed matter that may be used in conjunction therewith, or the use to which it may be applied.
d. I hereby release, discharge and agree to save harmless Orpheus Theatre, its legal representatives or assigns, and all other persons functioning under its’ permission of authority, or those for whom it is functioning, from any liability by virtue of any blurring, optical illusion, use in composite form, distortion or alteration, whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur in the production of said portraits, pictures, photographs, motion pictures, video recordings, audio recordings, and the like, or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.
e. I hereby agree that said portraits, pictures, photographs, motion pictures, video recordings, audio recordings and the like (including plates, negatives, and the like) shall remain the property of Orpheus Theatre, Inc.
f. I hereby affirm that I am over the age of majority and have the right to contract in my own name or that I am the parent or legal guardian of the minor party named below. I have read the above authorization, release an agreement prior to its execution, and I fully understand the contents thereof. This agreement shall be binding upon me and my heir, legal representatives and assigns.
ORPHEUS THEATRE, INC.
CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Participants must be respectful of and follow all directions given by Orpheus Theatre staff.
2. Participants must never give direction to their fellow actors. If participants are receiving direction from other
participants, they should notify the director immediately.
3. There will be times when the director may ask participants to provide constructive criticism to their peers.
This is an opportunity to help each other, not hurt each other. Constructive criticism will be given in a positive
and respectful manner. Hurtful comments to others are not acceptable.
4. Participants will be kind to one another and work together as a team.
5. Participants must silence and put away electronic devices (cell phones, iPods, gaming systems, etc.)
during rehearsals, unless otherwise noted.
6. Participants must always keep their hands and feet to themselves, unless instructed otherwise by the
7. Participants will refrain from engaging in any romantic activities during our time together (unless it is called
for in the script). If romantic situations are called for in the script, participants will support one another and not
giggle or make fun of those having to act romantically.
8. If a participant is experiencing a problem related to Workshop, they must take it up with the director
immediately. If they do not feel comfortable doing it during rehearsal, it should be done immediately following
rehearsal before going home.
9. Participants must be on time and prepared for rehearsals. If a student will be late or unable to attend
rehearsal, they must notify the director prior to that rehearsal.
10. Participants will have fun!
By signing this code of conduct, both participants and their guardian(s) acknowledge that failure to adhere to the above stated rules, could result in dismissal from the program without a refund. Should the director have to “speak” to a participant three or more times during a given rehearsal, a meeting will be held with the participant and their guardian(s) to discuss the matter, determining a course of action moving forward. We are all here for the same reason, so we should work together while having fun to put on a great show!